The Fogg Library, constructed in 1897, consists of a masonry bearing wall assembly with ashlar granite finish, wood stud interior, and a plaster finish. The roofing is slate with copper flashing, gutters, and detailing. Various renovations had been done throughout the years, including the installation of new EPDM roofing over the flat roof above the front entrance as well as a new handicap accessibility ramp installed within the last twenty years. The structure was experiencing leaks into the interior of the facility, which was damaging the plaster walls.
CBI designed the replacement of the slate roof of the structure as well the copper flashing and downspouts. Further areas of the scope included cutting and pointing of the masonry, refinishing of the wood and metal, and painting. Handicapped access was evaluated and modifications were designed for concrete ramps, rails and doors to improve accessibility and meet code standards.