ARCHITECTURAL PROJECT MANAGER
CBI Consulting, LLC, a Vidaris Company, is an award-winning consulting firm specializing in Architecture, Structural Engineering, and Building Envelope Technology. CBI’s projects focus on the renovation and restoration of existing buildings as well as some new construction for public awarding authorities (approx. 75%) and private clients (approx. 25%) with a focus on building exteriors.
CBI Consulting, LLC (www.cbiconsultingllc.com) is seeking a Registered Architect/ Project Manager to join our team! We are looking for an Experienced Team Member with approximately 10 years of Experience, and well developed Knowledge and Capabilities.
The selected candidate will be a highly self-motivated, hard-working individual who will be responsible for managing small to medium sized projects on both existing and new buildings, acting as the primary designer and project manager and collaborating with other team members to solve unique problems!
The individual in this position is responsible for managing the full scope of projects from proposal, fee proposal, existing conditions and feasibility studies and surveys, investigations, programming, schematic design through construction documents, bidding, construction administration and close out. The selected candidate will also be responsible for coordinating information with clients, vendors, consultants and contractors. This position is responsible for designing and specifying quantities and types of materials to be used and regularly interacts and meets with clients, vendors, consultants and contractors. This position regularly leads and directs the work of others. The individual in this position reports directly to the Principals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Manage between 5-15 projects at a time, depending on the size and complexity, in varying stages of design, bidding and construction phases.
Conceive and sketch designs and details.
Review and produce redlines for the production staff.
Review drawings and specifications for coordination, constructability and “bid-ability”.
Preparation of specifications and Project Manuals for bidding and construction.
Understand and comply with applicable codes through all phases of projects including, but no limited to, Building Codes, Accessibility Codes, Energy Codes, etc.
Lead coordination meetings, project meetings, pre-construction meetings, etc. with contractors and clients.
Perform and direct field investigations, existing conditions verification and construction reviews.
Photograph projects and/ or potential projects.
Properly maintain project files, data and reports.
Prepare, maintain, and adhere to project schedules, deadlines and budgets.
Organize and manage coordination of full sets of contract documents.
Interface with and manage sub-consultants, including but not limited to, reviewing proposals and contracts and reviewing plans and specifications for coordination and compliance with the design intent.
Perform contract administration during construction.
Manage and track the design/ construction budgets for all projects under their control.
Review and approve monthly invoicing and financial controls on projects within on which they are the Project Manager.
MA Architectural Registration and 10 years of experience in the industry.
(Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.)
- Experience with MA Public Procurement Regulations is highly preferred but not required for the right candidate.
- Experience with both new construction (including additions) and existing building including exterior repair, restoration and renovation.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Working knowledge of AutoCAD software/ BIM experience preferred.
- Proficient in MSOffice Suite.
- Experience with MA Public Procurement Regulations strongly preferred but not required.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate information internally and externally, verbally, graphically and in writing.
- Ability to apply common sense to solve problems and make decisions in non-standard situations.
- Working knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local codes.
- Must be technically proficient in their understanding of building construction, techniques and materials.
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage own work flow.
- Strong ability to design within stringent budgets.
- Working knowledge of basic project management and accounting principles.
- Effective organizational/planning and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; Ability to establish strong working relationships with other team members, Owners/Clients, Consultants, Vendors and Contractors.
- Interest in mentoring junior staff.
- Self-motivated and interested in career advancement.
- Ability to recognize and seize new opportunities.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter with relevant work samples to:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to speak or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and work at a computer. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb stairs; bend; stoop; use hands; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This job description covers the most significant, major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of the job.